30 People Receive Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In An Ogden Home
According to a report from KSL News, more than 30 people from Ogden were treated at a hospital last night for carbon monoxide poison. These residents had breathed in high amounts of the poisonous gas in a home near 200 West and 400 South. Sources said Rogeilo Godinez, the owner of the house, was using a propane grill in the garage to cook for guests. One of the residents began feeling ill and called the police.
When emergency crews arrived, they found many of the guests exhibiting symptoms similar to the flu. They tested for carbon monoxide and found extremely high levels of the gas inside the house. Many of the residents had CO levels as high as 35%. The house did not have a carbon monoxide detector.
Carbon Monoxide is an odorless gas and exposure to it can be fatal. If your house does not have a detector, you may consider purchasing one for as little as $10. It could save your life.
The people injured in this home would greatly benefit from contacting an Ogden Personal Injury attorney to ensure they are not resposible for the medical bills and other expenses.